Its about that time to plan your spring cleaning, but this year, do it green. A lot of your favorite cleaning brands offer earth-friendly alternatives to harsher chemicals, which makes it better for you and the earth. Also, read our posts on how to make your own earth-friendly oven cleaner, window cleaner, and toilet cleaner. The best part is, all of the products and ideas are budget-friendly too. Here are some of our favorite green cleaning products.
1. We love, love, love the J.R Watkins Tub and Tile Cleaner in Citrus. It easily cleaned our scummy basement shower using natural plant-based ingredients. And at $5.78, this has now replaced our Tilex
2. From the Peaceful Company, these Euro Cloths are not only reusable, but they are colorful, easy to use, and reusable. And at just $4 a box, that is green we can do.
3. Fresh Wave offers a range of eco-friendly home cleaning products. We loved their vacuum pearls or pearl packs for bag-less vacuums, for $12 and $14 respectively. Itâ€™s a fabulous way to make your home smell fresh, clean, and green.
4. The Green Depot offers a vast array of cleaning products that fit a green mentality and your wallet. We like the EcoLogic Apple & Aloe Hand and Body Soap. It is made from 100% natural ingredients and you can get 1 QT for $5.49.
5. Clorox just launched their Green Works line of cleaners. Their products range from $2.99-$3.39 and are sold where ever you can find Clorox products. We like their toilet bowl cleaner. Itâ€™s a great alternative to the hard chemicals found in other cleaners and it doesnâ€™t cost an arm and a leg. You can find them at your local Wal-Mart or Target. Awesome.
6. Every one is getting on the green wagon. Purex also just launched their Natural Elements laundry detergent. It is ultra concentrated and sells as inexpensively as other Purex detergents. You can find it at your local Target or Wal-Mart and it sells for $3.49 for a 50 ounce bottle and $6.99 for a 100 ounce bottle.