One of this season’s hottest accessories is the straw bag.
Here’s some basic rules to follow when looking for straw bag this summer:
1. Shop in your-mom’s-grandma’s-older friend’s closet. Most likely they have a fabulous straw bag lurking somewhere in the deep recesses of their closet. If you’re a mom-grandma-older friend, then shop in your own closet.
2. Head to the Thrift Store. Thrift stores always have a great selection of straw bags, mostly from other people’s mom-grandma-older friends.
3. Never pay more than $25. Why blow your paycheck on a purse you’re only going to carry for 3 months?
4. Pair it with the nautical look. Straw bags work VERY well with the nautical look. Pair it with a stripped shirt and a pair of wide leg pants in crisp white.
Don’t have a closet to raid? Don’t like thrift stores? Then check out these great summer straw bags..
- Red Straw Market Tote, $14.99 at Target.com
- Staw Clutch Bag, $6.00 at Wal-Mart
- Oversized Straw bag , $14.50 at OldNavy.com
- Juliet Tote, $17.99 at Payless.com
Found a great straw bag on your shopping travels? Tell us about it in the forum.