- Shoppers in Los Angeles, St. Louis, and other parts of the US can look forward to huge clearance sales at Macy’s; TheFashionBomb.com reports that the retail giant is about to shut down its most anemic stores, eleven in all. Macy’s is the most recent casualty of the wobbly economy, which even has the fashion industry on edge. According to Hadley Freeman of Style.com, upscale boutiques are cutting costs by trading in their fashionable shopping bags for plain paper bags.
– The celebs aren’t immune to the bad news either, it seems, dressing down for the “People’s Choice Awards” last night. Our favorite fuggers had a few snarky things to say about that.
– But cheer up! As we’ve come to learn, economic woes are coupled with cheap clothes! “Designer Ella” helps us get the New Year off to a fashion-forward start with a handful of killer sales at retailers ranging from Saks 5th Avenue to Shoes.com. And if you can’t buy it, charge it in style with a Roberto Cavalli credit card!
– In these cold economic times, we’re all looking for a little warmth. Thankfully, the Budget Babe has bundled up some great tips on how to bundle up this winter.
– And remember, today’s your last day to take an extra 20% off clearance items at SmartBargains.com!