From this week’s newsletter
My predictions for 2006 . . .
- You will be the boss. Retailers are will try every trick in the book to get you to shop.
- Vera Wang will premier a line at Kohl’s. Santa sweaters become chic.
- Marc Jacobs will premier a line at Wal-Mart. A girl can dream.
- Lace will replace sequins. Buh-Bye tunic tops.
- Celebrities will stop trying to be fashion designers. New designers will finally get a chance to shine.
- Floral hair pins will make a comeback. Every fashionista will have a glue gun.
- Red will be the new white. Target employees rejoice.
- Gray will be the new black. Accountants rejoice.
- Round toed shoes will stomp out their pointy sisters. Dr. Scholl’s declares bankruptcy.
- More shoppers will shop online. Massive lay-off of Wal-Mart greeters.
- The “monied” look will return. So will names like Muffy, Buffy, etc.
Post your predictions below . . .