Ruffle is the word from NY Fashion Week for spring. Hearing this, I had a mild panic: So, we’re all supposed to look like five-year-olds this season? Fret not. After doing extensive research on my assumed nemesis, the ruffle, I’m thrilled to report that this spring’s fashion statement of frill is not fraught with kindergarten regression. Here are five ways to wear ruffles that you’ll be proud to flair!
Spring 2013′s Ruffle Trend
1. Dress: The dress ruffle in black is as classic and mature as you can get. Opt for this adorable and affordable one at 6pm.com for just $39.99 (Jessica Simpson). Since you can wear any other color with black, you can punch up this little black dress number with a pair of eye-catching pumps for an amazing night no the town.
2. Etsy: Don’t want to wear your ruffle? Go for a ruffled accessory like a purse. I love etsy because you can find unique pieces for less. Check out this beige bombshell!
3. Athleta: It’s hard to hide when you can boast a light and pretty ruffled sweater wrap. The wrap aspect makes the ruffle seem less pronounced, so if you are ruffle-shy opt for a sweater or a wrap like this Ruffle Sweater Wrap for $98.
4. Target: Feeling bold? Go sleeveless with Target’s women’s line Merona – this top shows off your girly side for just under $20!
5. Heels: Another way to wear ruffles incognito is to have them on our feet. I love these ruffled black heels- subtle, totally hot, and absolutely in-trend! Check out Wild Rose for only $29.99