Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans and while most of us think of heart disease as a “man’s” disease, it impacts women as well. I know, because my grandmother had heart disease.
So, it’s with great honor that we partnered with Diet Coke®, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) on the annual The Heart Truth® Campaign. Currently in its 10th year, the campaign has raises awareness about heart disease through a variety of activities including the Star-Studded Red Dress® fashion show during New York’s Fashion Week.
Wanna Get Involved? Post a Photo Wearing Red and You Could win a Trip to NYC for Fashion Week
Show your support for heart health by taking a photo of yourself from today until January 27, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET, wearing red and you could win a trip for yourself and a friend to attend the celebrity studded Red Dress® fashion show (where you’ll get to meet yours truly)
How to Enter:
1. Simply visit any applicable website (www.twitter.com, www.tumblr.com or if you have an iPhone, use the Instagram application) and follow the links and instructions to log in to your account or register for a new account.
2. Then, follow the links and instructions to upload one photo of yourself wearing at least one red article of clothing in support of women’s heart health. Entrant must be the only person who appears in the picture.
3. Finally, you must Tweet, Share or Post a Picture and Publish your submission photo. Depending which website you are using, being sure to include the “#ShowYourHeart” hashtag.
For more deets on the contest, including rules and regulations, visit here.
More Ways to Get Involved with The Heart Truth
• This year Diet Coke is taking The Heart Truth® message online, asking its fans and followers to show their love for the effort.
• On February 8, The Heart Truth® supporters can “donate a Tweet” to help fund heart health research programs. Go to www.DietCoke.com/HeartTruth for more information on how to help raise funds to support the cause.
• Each person who re-Tweets the Diet Coke Tweet will trigger a $1 donation by Diet Coke to heart health research. Diet Coke will donate up to $100,000 to the cause.
• Fans can also show their support by visiting MyCokeRewards.com to donate their My Coke Rewards® points to the cause during the month of February.
More About The Heart Truth® Campaign
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the celebrated The Heart Truth® campaign – a national awareness effort to educate women about heart disease. Sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), The Heart Truth® has been embraced by millions of people who share the goal of better heart health for women.
Diet Coke® has been an active and passionate supporter of The Heart Truth® for five years. By teaming-up with its celebrity friends, retailer partners and millions of fans, Diet Coke helps to spotlight heart health and, in turn, raise funds for research.
**This is a paid sponsored campaign for Diet Coke® and The Heart Truth Campaign®. All thoughts and comments expressed in this post is 100% my own. Here’s to healthy hearts!
Diet Coke is a trademark of The Coca-Cola Company.® The Heart Truth, its logo and The Red Dress are trademarks of HHS.
Photo courtesy The Heart Truth®, www.hearttruth.gov, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services