So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy 🙂 !
Admit it, we all want to be the hostess with the mostess. For me, I love hosting parties and half of the fun is preparing for them. I try to put an extra touch on everything I can, from the serving plates to the music and the menu. Of course that isn’t to say that hosting a smashing soirée doesn’t come with a little stress. The quest perfection is a tough one but I’ve found that the following ten tips help not only limit my stress but also ensure I will be the hostess with the mostess, at least for a night!
Host a Smashing Soiree!
1. It All Began with an Apéritif. There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about an aperitif that feels so indulgent. A little something to whet the appetite for yet another drink. The French master (this one with the kir and kir royale) serving this at a party is not only impressive but also beautiful. A kir is a dry white wine with black currant liqueur mixed in (you can substitute it with raspberry liqueur if you desire) and a kir royale is the same thing but swap the wine for Champagne. Serve in a flute and add a couple of raspberries directly into the drink. Presto! Beautiful aperitif: your party is off to a smashing start already!
2. Decant This. When serving wine, use a decanter. If you’re tight on money, load up on “two buck Chuck”, Trader Joe’s cheap wine. No one will be the wiser when it’s in a decanter. It looks beautiful and the shape of the decanter allows even an el cheapo bottle to breathe and taste better.
3. What’s on Draft. Make the investment in a Krups Beertender if you host frequent parties. This snazzy little contraption allows you to serve beer on draft! Currently, Heineken and New Castle are available in the size this cute little buddy takes. As for the guests at your party, you’ll earn mega bonus points when you ask if they want a draft beer, especially from the dudes. .
4. Swell Smells. Choose a couple of in-season bouquets and put them in places like the bathroom and side tables. In addition, light up a couple of fir tree-scented candles. There’s something about that scent that brings back cozy childhood memories and will make your guests feel happy and at-home.
5. Party Favors. Make your guests feel oh-so-special by giving them a party favor. It could be a wine tag, a scented soap or even a bag of spices. Little baggies of vanilla bean and sugar with a note that says “sweet of you to come” may be cheesy but it’s also adorable.