Some interesting shoe fit advice from my peeps at Samanta shoes.
* Don’t plan on shoes stretching with wear. If you already own shoes that are too tight, ask your shoe repair shop if they can be stretched.
* Because feet spread with age, have your feet measured every time you buy shoes. Both feet should be measured as they are often different sizes. Always buy shoes for the BIGGEST foot.
* Go shoe shopping late in the afternoon. Feet swell to their largest then.
* Size depends on shoe make and style, too. Don’t insist you always wear one size if the next feels better.
* Only you can tell if shoes fit. If they aren’t comfortable, don’t buy them!
* The toe box should be roomy enough so you can wiggle all your toes.
* Your forefoot should NOT be wider than your shoe.
* The heel should fit snugly and the instep should not gape open.