The Lowdown: As budget shoppers, we love that the winter markdowns come early enough for us to pick up some fashionable items we’ll still get plenty of use out of (unless you’re in the Florida Keys, a long cold winter still stretches out mercilessly ahead of us …).
We always wait for a sale at Nordstrom, because while their regular prices will set us back more than we’d like, on a sale we can pick up quality pieces for about the same amount we’d spend on a lesser item at, say, JC Penney’s, and dresses are where we’re seeing the greatest value, in everything from cocktail and evening styles to day dresses (and in the midst of the winter doldrums, we’re particularly crazy about the color of the Tahari Ponte Dress pictured here). Our picks:
1. Nicole Miller Silk Twill Sheath Dress, on sale $189.90″>Nicole Miller Silk Twill Sheath Dress, on sale $189.90
2. Tahari by Arthur S. Levine Chiffon & Stretch Satin Dress $63.90
3. Tahari by Arthur S. Levine Button Detail Ponte Dress, on sale $63.90
4. JS Collections Laser Cut Gown, $123.90
5. JS Boutique Beaded Chiffon Dress, $89.90