This content may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more information.
12. Last year’s calendar (hey, it’s December!)
13. Handkerchiefs or bandanas
14. Giving a kitchen themed gift? Wrap it in a kitchen towel.
15. Old maps (check your glove compartment box and behold the maps you never use and realize you no longer need!)
16. Aluminum foil – press it against a rough surface for a textured look. Aluminum foil requires no tape and it’s recyclable/reusable!
17. Those pretty handled bags you receive during your shopping excursions (think places like Sephora).
18. Small items can be packed into a toilet paper or paper towel roll, which can then be decorated with stickers, pens or paint
19. Scrapbook paper
20. Leftover wallpaper or shelf liner
21. You can often score partially used (or sometimes brand-new) rolls of wrapping paper at second-hand stores such as Goodwill and Salvation Army
22. Reusable shopping bags (hint, hint)
23. Decorative holiday boxes that can be used year after year
24. Stockings (the Christmas type, not the fishnet type – well, depending on the recipient we suppose you could go either way)
25. Tupperware that’s been sitting in your house, because you no longer use it, because you’ve switched to glass, because it’s healthier and it’s not plastic.