So, about our budget fashion and style advice: We sometimes use affiliate links, so we might earn a buck or two if you click and buy 🙂 !
What’s better than trying out new health and beauty products? Trying out new and FREE health and beauty products. This is the exact concept behind PINCHme, a popular online platform that gives anyone the opportunity to receive free products delivered right to their door. Signing up is free and there is no charge for any product samples or shipping. So what’s the catch? There is none. Just try out the products and leave feedback on PINCHme.com to share your experience.
This week, I received my PINCHme box of goodies. I was instantly surprised at the quality and quantity of items in my cute and colorful box. Unlike most samples that consist of enough product for one or two uses, I received full-size products that will last me several months of use. Here’s a look at exactly what I received in my PINCHme box:
- Shea Moisture – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Shampoo w/ Shea Butter & Apple Cider Vinegar – 16.3 fl oz ($10.99 value)
- Shea Moisture – Superfruit Complex 10-In-1 Renewal System w/Marula Oil & Biotin Conditioner ($10.99 value)
- Shea Moisture – Organic African Black Soap w/ Shea Butter Acne Prone Face & Body Bar ($3.99 value)
- Bobble – Clear Plastic Water Bottle with Replaceable Carbon Filter ($9.99 value)
- Gevalia Kaffee – House Blend Medium-Bodied, Smooth Ground Coffee –Sample Size (Unknown value)
- Band-Aid – Advanced Healing Blister Adhesive Bandages ($5.49 value)
- Maybelline New York – Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color in Signature Scarlet ($8.99 value)
- Sinful Colors Professional – Nail Color in Folly 395 ($1.99 value)
While I liked all my free products, I narrowed down my favorites to three that I would consider purchasing myself.
1. Shea Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner
While the Shea Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner are actually two products, I used them together to cleanse, and then moisturize my hair. I have medium-length, thin hair that tends to become oily fast, requiring daily washings.
The Shea Moisture Shampoo, which contained Jamaican black castor oil, shea butter, and apple cider vinegar, did an excellent job at getting rid of built-up residue and excess oil on my scalp. After a thorough wash and rinse, my hair felt noticeably cleaner.
The Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex contained marula oil and biotin. On the bottle itself, it claims to “age defy, hydrate, color protect, nourish, anti-stress, soften, shine, revive body, manageability, and strengthen.” While I haven’t seen the long-term effects of the conditioner yet, my hair felt much softer than it does with my usual conditioner.
2. Maybelline New York Lip Color
My next favorite product in my PINCHme box? The Maybelline New York Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color in Signature Scarlet. At first sight, the lip color resembles a tube of lipstick. However, upon twisting the top, the product was actually a lip gloss.
The intense red color went on smoothly with the easy-to-use applicator and left a shiny iridescent finish on my lips. The color itself lasted several hours before I had to reapply. While the lip color didn’t have a fruity smell or taste that I prefer with lip glosses, the pretty, subtle color made up for it.
3. Bobble Water Bottle with Replaceable Filter
I’m the type of person who is constantly buying new water bottles. I find that carrying around a bottle of water helps me to remember to drink more during the day. The Bobble Water Bottle is a good basic bottle, perfect for bringing along on a walk or to a sporting event.
While some may consider the lightness of the bottle a perk, I prefer a heavy-duty bottle that can withstand my clumsy abuse, like unexpected drops on the sidewalk. The bottle is made of thin plastic and features a sky blue top and replaceable filter.
Bobble claims that the activated carbon filter works to remove contaminants, but should be changed after 2 months of use or 40 gallons/150 liters. While I have only used the bottle a handful of times, it works well for daily water drinking on-the-go, and my son has used it during sports activities with ease.
Want to learn more about the products mentioned? Click the links below:
• Shea Moisture – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Shampoo w/ Shea Butter & Apple Cider Vinegar
• Shea Moisture – Superfruit Complex 10-In-1 Renewal System w/Marula Oil & Biotin Conditioner
• Shea Moisture – Organic African Black Soap w/ Shea Butter Acne Prone Face & Body Bar
• Bobble – Clear Plastic Water Bottle with Replaceable Carbon Filter
• Gevalia Kaffee – House Blend Medium-Bodied, Smooth Ground Coffee –Sample Size
• Band-Aid – Advanced Healing Blister Adhesive Bandages
• Maybelline New York – Color Elixir by Color Sensational Lip Color in Signature Scarlet
• Sinful Colors Professional – Nail Color in Folly 395
Do you want to receive your own box of free goodies delivered directly to your door? Sign up over at PINCHme and try it out.