Credit: Randy Brooke/Style.com
It’s Spring 2006 fashion week and to tell you the truth, I’ve been a bit bored by the shows. Say buh-bye to the whole over embellished, Laura Angells Wilder meets Gypsy Rose Lee look. Spring 2006 is all about being more conservative and more refined—fitting fashion statements considering the current challenges faced by our country.
Here are some of the trends I’ve noticed so far…
New York Fashion Week Spring 2006 Fashion Trends
1. Muted Colors. Grey, steel blue, beige, cream.
2. Even Muted Metallics. Metallic are still “in” but not the bright golds and silvers of this past summer. Think utensil steel and door knob bronze.
3. Silk and Chiffon. Lightweight materials are back.
4. Black is Still Around. Thank god.
5. Refined Girly. Well constructed, tailored looks are going to be key for next spring—a look not easily translated by stores like Forever 21, but a relative breeze for the Isaac Mizrahi for Target line. My prediction for next spring: Budget Fashionistas will be fighting with moneyed socialites for several must-have pieces from the Mizrahi line.
Image courtesy of style.com