This content may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more information.
A week or so ago, we rounded up five of our favorite quotes from The Budget Fashionista herself, Kathryn — but five really just wasn’t enough. Hence, another list — a second run at Kathryn’s top five takes on all things fashion:
5. “I hate vests. Vests scare me. No, seriously, vest really do scare me. I think it’s because they look a too much like corsets or because I had a very strange elementary school teacher who used to wear a faux suede vest (she had them in every color) with long brown corduroy skirts. Even at the tender age of 9, I knew that there was something very wrong with her outfit. Very wrong.”
4. On Andre Leon Talley: “A protege of the original Vogue Queen B, Diane Vreeland (who in her day would have had Anna Wintour shaking in her custom made Jimmy Choo boots), he’s the only person in the world who can make a Sean John track suit look chic. Also he’s the only person that can call out Ms. Anna Wintour (read: Ms. Anna don’t like fat people) on OPRAH NONETHELESS and get away with.”
3. On Trends: “I can’t help but to wonder if hot dogs are the major inspiration behind this fall’s color scheme. The color trend seems to definitely be towards mustard, brown and ketchup-colored clothing. Somewhere in NYC, there is a hot vendor who is a creative consultant to Marc Jacobs.
2. “Wear only one animal printed item at a time—others may tell you different—but they don’t love you. Cheetah, Zebra, etc. from head to toe is only okay if you’re headlining the midnight show at the “Boom-Boom Room”.”
1. “However, my life as stylist, fashion editor, and general feel-good Fashionista has taught more than how to score the latest trends for cheap. I’ve learned tasty bits of wisdom like fashion is cheap, but style is priceless and that pointed toed shoes give you bunions.”