Ikat print continues to be a major trend with pieces featuring the print popping up at every store from Forever21 to Macys to Saks. Ikat print isn’t to be confused with “African Print” – Ikat print involves the weaving of thread into a patterns, while African print usually involves the stamping/painting of a pattern on a piece of fabric. When wearing an Ikat printed item, keep the rest of your outfit simple, as the print IS your signature piece.
Here’s Our Picks for Getting the Ikat Print Trend for Less
1. Global Ikat Scarf, $3.99 at UrbanOutfitters.com
2. Ikat Head Wrap, $2.99 at Charlotte Russe.
3. Astar Ikat Print Pareo, $8.80 at Forever21.com
1. Ikat Print Dress, $98.00 at Banana Republic
2. Imagination Smocked Ikat Strapless Dress, on sale for $19.00 at Kohls
3. AGB Ikat Print Sleeveless Voile Maxi Dress, $69.00 at Macys.com
Braided Ikat Top, $49.50 at Gap
French Connection Ikat Belted Batwing Jumper, $62.52 at Asos.com
1. Faith21 Plus Size Ikat Print Skirt, $15.80 at Forever21.com
2. Charter Club Ikat-Print Cotton Voile Skirt, on sale for $51.75 at Macys.com
3. Ikat Print Mini-Skirt, $99 at DKNY.com