Here’s a secret: I love giving, but I hate spending. Rather oxymoronic, but I know I’m not alone. Over the years, I’ve noticed that there are a lot of gifts that are super fantastic that won’t wreck my budget – and truth-be-told, I have yet for someone to be able to tell! Check out my personal list of holiday gift ideas on a budget.
Shop these Holiday Gift Ideas on a Budget!
- Gift in a Jar: Who wouldn’t love a vat of homemade soup? All you need is a large glass jar per person and some ribbons. For chicken noodle soup, just layer noodles, bouillon, pepper, thyme, celery seed, garlic powder, and a bay leaf. Attach the remainder of the recipe on a note card around the lid, and on the other side include assembly instructions. Also works well for cookies or brownies! Try this recipe here.
- Gift Certificate: I know, practically telling someone how much you spent on him or her seems like the opposite of what a budget shopper wants to do. But if you give them a certificate for part of a larger gift – say a spa day or a dinner out – you can note “Get your nails done on me!” or “For the wine” – and they’ll see it as a complete portion of a bigger kind of present.
- Of The Month Club: Anything you can think of – cheese, wine, candy, fruit, meat- you can find available for a “of the month club.” Usually boasting varying duration and types, no matter your theme, you’ll be able to find one that fits your budget. Try Dylan’s Candy Bar.
- Plus wine: I’m a huge fan of the multi-item gift. My favorite combination is a “bottle of wine plus” which means I pair a bottle of wine with another fun something. Last year I gave out a board game plus wine (like Apples to Apples).
- Pictures: We’ve all got a million on our phones, and thanks to Kodak our moments can exist in real person. Take a favorite photo, get it printed at your local photo shop or drug store, and wrap it in a frame.