Ever since I bought my glue gun for $2.29 at my local Wal-Mart (yes, I shop at Wal-Mart—yes I’m evil, and yes I will die a painful death and have to spend an eternity in hell playing scrabble with Sam Walton), I’ve been a glue gunning fool. I imagine myself as the Annie Oakley of the fashion world, wielding my glue gun with reckless abandon, making enough floral hair pins and jeweled brooches to accessorize the entire population of New Jersey. Every frugal fashionista, bargain shopper, budget fashion lover, etc must own a glue gun. Glue guns open up a whole new world of fashion options for you, allowing you to save money by creating your own accessories.
Things I’ve done with a glue gun . . .
- – Made Floral Hair Pins. Dollar store flowers are the key.
- – Made Pasties (yes, pasties).
- – Added one month to the life of my husband’s favorite pair of shoes.
- – Fixed a hem on a coat.
- – Added missing sequins back to my favorite Donna Karan Top (tricky procedure—experts only).
- – Replaced the handle on my favorite mug from college.
I’m always looking for innovative ways to use my glue gun—please post your ideas below.