Dear Budget Fashionista
Is it okay to wear silver shoes with a red cocktail dress?
A: It’s okay to wear a pair of silver shoes with a red dress if:
- it’s knee length or shorter
- you plan on NOT wearing nylons
- if the shoes are at least 2 1/2 in height and of a thinner heel
- if the fabric of the dress is relatively thin—like silk, lightweight rayon, etc,
- if the dress is monochromatic and contains no patterns or prints
- if you have the personality to carry it off. Wearing silver shoe with anything is a making a fashion statement—make sure your personality can handle the attention you will receive.