Just in time for the holidays, The Budget Ecoist offers up 10 great environmentally-friendly gifts for $25 or under. We’ve scoured the web for the best…let us know if we’ve missed any of your favorites.
10 Great Environmentally-friendly Gifts for $25 or under:
1. Candy Cane Lane Homemade Christmas TuTu – In sizes ranging from newborn to 5T, this sweet treat is sure to make your little girl (niece/friend’s daughter/grandchild/every little girl in between) the cutest Christmas ballerina around! $24.50, Etsy.
2. Yard Snake – This hand-knit snake was made by a collective of female knitters in Kenya, providing them with safe, dignified, and healthy working conditions. Place this attractive snake in front of your doors and keep the drafts out. Energy-savings besides! $24, Branch.
3. Sunburst Tangerines and Ruby Red Grapefruit – For the fruit lover on your list, send 10 pounds of farm fresh, in-season fruit. Your friends and family will surely enjoy a piece of Florida during the cold winter months. $22.90, Local Harvest.
4. Adopt an Arctic Fox – Wondering what to get the person who has everything? How about a fox? Arctic foxes need our help and this symbolic adoption is a nice way to give a gift on behalf of someone who cares about wildlife. The recipient will get a certificate of adoption and an 11×14 full color poster. $20, National Wildlife Federation.
5. Dancing Wooden Alligator Toy – From Plan Toys, toddlers will love pulling around this “pet” alligator. Parents will love that it’s made from preservative-free rubberwood and non-toxic water-based paints. $19.95, Planet Happy Toys.
6. Red Berries Crocheted Necklace with Wooden Beads – This gorgeous, versatile piece is 54 inches long and can be worn as a necklace, belt or bracelet. It is sure to be one of your signature pieces. Handmade with a crocheted string and wooden “berries” that look good enough to eat. $19.50, Etsy.
7. Bio-Spheres msh2 Plantarium Mini Greenhouse – This miniature desktop garden allows you to grow your own Melon and Sunflower plants at your desk, using nothing more than a bit of non-toxic, nutrient-filled green gel developed by NASA. $24.13, Amazon.com.
8. Ashton Blue-Block Printed Laptop Holder – Created by female artisans in India, this beautiful laptop holder is printed with vegetable dyes, follows Fair Trade principles and engages in sustainable and eco-friendly product development. $19.99, EBAY’s World of Good.
9. Yesteryear’s Clothespins Set – As anyone who’s gotten into more environmentally-friendly laundry practices knows, the clothespins and lines you are used to seeing in movies from the 1950′s are surprisingly hard to find! Surprise that eco friend of yours with this sure-to-be-a-hit gift! $8.95, Planet Happy Kids.
10. One Very Happy Girl Blood Mary Kit – Celebrate the simple life with canned and pickled foods from Happy Girl Kitchen. Their foods start with local organic farmers and are canned with love during the season so you can enjoy them throughout the year. The Blood Mary kit includes two spicy heirloom tomato juices and one jar of spicy pickled carrots. $25, Happy Girl Kitchen Co.
(Photo courtesy of: Trinity’s Tutus)