Creamy curls of chocolate can make any dessert just that much better. Even if the dessert is nothing more than ice cream, chocolate curls can turn your dish from plain to fabulous and the best part is you don’t have to be a pro to make them
Odds are, you have all you need to make fabulous chocolate curls right at home. Here is what you need:
1. Unwrap the chocolate and set it somewhere warm, in the sun, under a lamp, on top of the fridge and let it sit for about an hour.
2. Once it is warm an pliable, spread out some tin foil on your counter and set the chocolate on top of the tin foil.
3. Take your vegetable peeler and gently scrape it along the edge of the chocolate, pressing firmly. It will take some practice before you can get long decadent curls. Practice scraping the top of the chocolate and different edges to get the best curls.
4. Once you have the curl, transfer it immediately to a bowl. You can do this using a fork or the vegetable peeler. Don’t pick up the curl with your fingers, it will break or melt.
5. You can freeze the curls for later or use them to decorate right away. Cold curls are brittle so be careful.
This helpful video from About.com shows you exactly how to make these curls.
Do you have other ways you like to make desserts fancy? Let us know.