This content may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more information.
Canvas bags are popping up everywhere! People are finally getting into the groove of bringing their bags to the grocery store (if you’re having trouble remembering to bring your bags with you, check out these great tips from the Life Less Plastic blog.
Stores are beginning to give incentives. At my local Trader Joe’s, customers who bring their own bags receive a ticket for a drawing for a $25 gift card to spend at TJ’s At Whole Foods, you receive either a $.05 cash back incentive per bag, or you can donate it to one of a list of charities.
Let’s all jump on the canvas bandwagon for the holidays!
Canvas bags make GREAT holiday gifts! Or . . . they make for great eco-wrapping for your gifts (a lovely bottle of organic wine, anyone?). Here are our picks for some of the great bags you might want to check out for the people on your list:
* For the Fashionista: Anya Hindmarch‘s $15 environmentally aware “I’m not a plastic bag” bag
* For the Oprah fan: the O bag
* For the budget-conscious Ecoist: cheaptote.com
* For the young at heart: check out the “i’m Not an Old Bag” bag
* For the non-fussy, get back to basics kind of person: the standard “green” bag
* Finally, for the Farmer’s Market enthusiast: the organic cotton mesh produce bag