When it’s time to bundle up, it’s easy to get bored with the same-old, same-old outerwear, so we put together a list of the top winter coat brands on a budget.
There’s a few things to remember when shopping for a winter coat.
- A halfway decent winter coat will cost over $40. We’ve tried the extreme budget brands (and turned into a walking lint magnet), but it’s nearly impossible to find a winter coat that will last more than a month for less than $40 (it’s all about the cost per wear, folks).
- Think of what you’ll be wearing underneath it. For a formal occasion over a dress, you can buy form-fitting styles that will finish off the look. For day-to-day, you might want to size up to accommodate bulky sweaters.
- Choose a fabric that will work with the weather. You might look for wool for cooler climates and corduroy for warmer days.
- For fit, make sure the shoulders are comfortable and roomy enough. It’s much easier to hem sleeves and take in the waist.
- Don’t forget about accessories such as gloves, scarves and hats, which can jazz up a basic piece of outerwear and keep you warmer.
Best Winter Coats on a Budget