This content may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more information.
Tahari Women’s Beige Three Button Belted Pant Suit, was $97.99, now $57.99 at Overstock
For every teacher, putting together a professional yet stylish teacher’s wardrobe is a big challenge–even more so when doing it on a budget. Granted that there are seasonal fashion collections that are all about teacher lovin’ (Norma Kamali, if you’re reading this, we miss you and your $35 chic work ensembles at Wal-Mart). But we can’t count on these once-in-a-blue-moon promotions to meet our wardrobe needs all year round.Beyond scoring discounts and scouring clearance racks, The Budget Fashionista has come up with four money-saver tips to create an A+ teacher’s wardrobe on a budget.
Tips for Creating a Professional Teacher’s Wardrobe on a Budget
It’s All About The Key Pieces
For a professional teaching wardrobe, make sure you have the following key pieces:
• A black suit
• Black pumps
• Tote bag
• A couple of camisoles/ blouses
• A nice black / brown pencil skirt
• Two very nice dresses (one should be a little black dress and one dress in another color) – for school socialization nights
• Men’s shirts, both short and long-sleeved (men can never get enough of them, especially clean ones)
• A couple of ties (classic prints are easier to coordinate with the rest of your wardrobe)
• Black / brown oxford shoes. For campus walkers, Crocs should be a fine option, too.
• Pants (khaki, black, deep blue, brown)
• Outerwear (Men’s blazer, a tailored jacket, or a preppy vest)
• Briefcase / Leather bag
There’s a reason why you should invest in black and brown items—you can wear them several times a week without anyone noticing by simply changing up your inexpensive accessories every time. They’re also less likely to go out of style by next season.