It’s time to pack up those floral printed dresses and break out their edgier, fashion forward cousins- the abstract print. Inspired by the great American Abstract Expressionist artist, Jackson Pollack, abstracts prints were all over the runways for Fall 2010, from Tibi to Phillip Lim. The key to wearing this trend is to keep everything else simple and black- from your blazer to your shoes. Now we know that you don’t have $500 bucks to throw down on the Tibi dress, so we picked our favorite abstract print pieces for fall for under $50.
Abstract Printed Fall Pieces for Under $50
1. Energy Boost Dress, $42 at Lulu’s
2. Abstract Rolled Trim Dress, $27.80 at Forever21
5. Abstract Printed Tunic, Wet Seal at $21.50
6. DKNY Ditsy Print Dress, on sale for $50.40 at Zappos
7. Abstract Zipper Trim Skirt, $17.80 at Forever21.com