Paige first heard about 20 Mule Team Borax from a fellow ecoist, so she was jumping for joy when she had the opportunity to review the product. Why was Paige so enticed by 20 Mule Team Borax? This product has been around since 1891, and Paige is a big believer in all things “throwback,” especially when it comes to cleaning. Call her old-fashioned, but generally cleaning products weren’t as toxic back in the day…
Borax has a plethora of uses, many of which Paige tested over the last several weeks, all to flying colors. The most basic is to use it as a laundry booster. Add 1/2 cup to each washload (put it in with the clothes) along with the recommended amount of detergent. Helps to remove soils and stains, brightens clothes and freshens laundry. It also works as a fabric softener, replacing the need for that dryer sheet. Other uses for 20 Mule Team Borax include:
* Diapers and baby clothes get a cleaning boost when soaked and washed with 20 Mule Team Borax. Helps get rid of odors, reduces staining and makes diapers more absorbent.
* Wash your delicates by dissolving 1/4 cup Borax and one to two tablespoons detergent in a basin of warm water and soaking them for ten minutes.
* Fine China shines brilliantly when rinsed in a solution of 1/2 cup Borax in a sinkful of warm water.
* Borax works great for cleaning and deodorizing refrigerators as well as garbage pails.
* Your shower, tub, tile and toilet bowl will sparkle when washed with Borax and warm water. Toilet bowl brushes can benefit from an occasional Borax soak as well.
* Clean out your humidifier and keep the water in it free of odor.
* Neutralize odors from stains on your carpets and mattresses.
Borax even has uses for arts and crafts projects!
For all methods of cleaning, go to the 20 Mule Team Laundry website for specific instructions.
Borax is usually found in the cleaning aisle of your grocery store next to the powdered laundry soaps.
But wouldn’t it be easier to win a box of 20 Mule Team Borax? 20 Mule Team Borax has generously donated five boxes of their Borax to our readers. Leave a comment to this post to be put into the random drawing. All comments must be received by Saturday, June 28. The drawing will be held on Sunday, June 29 and all winners will be updated on the post and contacted via email. Good luck…you’re gonna love this product!
*Update: Congratulations to our five winners! Their Borax has been sent out to them. Happy Cleaning!